Hello Bookworms, thank you so much to Blue @ A Blonde, A Book, And A Blanket for nominating me! I can barely contain my excitement, as this is my very first nomination(can you hear me squealing…) Although I have had this blog for quite a long time, I only started regularly posting a few years ago, so being nominated means so much to me. Now, what is the Sunshine Blogger Award you may be asking? Well, keep reading for more details!
What is the Sunshine Blogger award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award within the blogging community – given to bloggers by their peers. Those who are nominated, inspire and spread positivity through their blogs. (riselovelive.com)
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for this award
- Make sure to list the rules and post a photo of the award logo
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them your own 11 questions
- Notify your nominees by commenting on one of their recent posts
Questions from Blue:
1. What’s your favorite type of tea?
I am not a huge tea drinker, just because I subconsciously reach for water instead. But living in Canada, it gets pretty cold here as you can imagine. I mean we live in igloos! (haha just kidding…… or am I?🥶) Anyways, my favourite tea to drink while its -30 degrees is mint tea. It’s just so good, and I could never drink water again I would be perfectly happy with my mint tea🍃!
2. What would a perfect day for reading be like for you?
A perfect day for reading is so hard for me to answer because I NEVER read during the day. Unless I am travelling, or on a road trip, I find it so uncomfortable to read during the day. For me, I always get ready for bed by reading right before I fall asleep(so I can dream about the characters hahaha). But a PERFECT day would probably be a tiring day, filled with school and sports, just something to make me tired so that reading can be my happy place. There is nothing better than reading after a long day!
3. What is your favorite pizza place called (if you have one— if not, what’s your favorite restaurant?)
My favourite pizza place is called Abruzzo Pizza! I will never stop loving this place. It has the best Mediterranean pizza(with olives) and it’s greek salad is 👌🏻!
4. Scrunchies or hair bands?
Okay, this is such a tough one because I have SUCH thick hair that I use both all the time. But I’m going to have to go with the reliable hair ties for this one.
5. What’s your favorite bookmark?
I usually read on my kobo, but otherwise, my bookmarks are any scrap piece of paper I find at that moment. But when I remember to use them, I love the little magnetic bookmarks that clip onto the page.
6. How would you describe the tone or vibe of your favorite book?
My favourite book ~at the moment~ is A little Life by Hanya Yanagihara unquestionably has an unsettling and depressing tone. But is beyond amazing all the same. I could not recommend it enough.
7. What movie adaptation of a book do you like the best and the least?
A movie adaptation I love is 100% Harry Potter, and I don’t think anyone can argue about that. My least favourite movie adaptation of a book has to be the Percy Jackson movies. Even thinking about them angers me, and I ranted about this in an old post of mine, but it was just beyond bad. At that point, the movie was insulting to the books and was simply inaccurate.
8. What does your favorite outfit look like?
My favourite outfit consists of jean shorts and a grey tank top. My aesthetic changes every week I kid you not, but I love dressing fairly simple. Considering I live in Canada, my favourite outfit for a colder weather is what I call my “hobo style”. Just picture, sweats and a tank top and voila, outfit complete. Anyways ask me a week from now and you would get a different answer😉.
9. What fandoms are you most active in?
Probably Percy Jackson, TOG and ACOTAR.
10. At home, do you prefer to wear socks and shoes, wear just socks, or go barefoot?
Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have NEVER and will NEVER wear shoes in the house. I cannot wrap my head around the fact that people even do that?!? Like do they clean the floors every hour? I usually walk around barefoot, especially in the summer. But during the winter, socks it is!
11. If there was one habit you wish you could lose or gain, what would it be?
If I could gain a habit I would love if it was waking up early! Don’t get me wrong, I can wake myself up early, and go on with my day, but I have never been a morning person. But waking up late always makes me feel like I have lost time out of the day, so waking up early would be amazing!
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
- Do you play any video games?
- What is your dream career?
- What’s your “Death Row Meal”?
- Do you have any weird reading habits?
- If you had one wish right now, what would you wish for?
- If you had the opportunity to be immortal, would you take it?
- What are your top 5 reads of 2020 so far?
- What fact amazes you every time you think of it?
- If you could bring one character to life, who would it be?
- The longest you’ve gone without reading?
- Kay @ Hammock of Books
- Ruby @ Ruby Rae Reads
- Laurel @ The Suspected Bibliophile
- Ilsa @ A Whisper of Ink
- Alice @ Love for Words
- Avery @ B for Book Slut
- Madelaine @ Mads Books
- May @ Hawthorn Book Reviews
- Cielo @ Bellerose Reads
- Olivia @ Purely Olivia
- Umairah @ Sereadipity
Thanks for reading! If you weren’t nominated, let me know your answers in the comments!
Leave a Reply